Thursday, June 12, 2008

getting ready to do more work...

In november I have a show at Hue Gallery space... otherwise known as Macha now. With what is in my mind the most build up time wise for a show I have ever had, I began researching some subject matter that matches to the direction I am headed with this. I am going to take the works from my last show and expand them more.


talley | 2008


rain delay | 2008


golddigger | 2008

In the next show I am going to expand on the idea of an exploration into society as we used to know it and its reality in the future. I have drawings of some sculptural pieces as well as some new collage prints in the works. The mass of preparation time has me pretty excited about the work, cant' wait to show it.

research images

We were in milwaukee recently checking out the foto exhibit which was also great. For now we will concentrate on these paintings that caught my eye. These paintings brought for the emotion that I have been having recently in my attempts to reduce my impact on an economy and lifestyle that is growing in a way I feel less and less attatched too. In recent months I have been reducing the amount of dependencies and consumption in my daily routine, which has been coming forth more and more in my art. Instead of trying to separate the two ideas I have come to a meeting ground between the two fronts which is exactly what these paintings remind me of: " The unexamined life is not worth living," Socrates

I have a motto that comes to mind lately, It goes something to the effect of: nothing great is ever easy. Try plopping that in when something goes wrong, it's fits most of the time.

onto the inspiring works.





I just really love the feeling from this one.


come to the show. If your dissapointed you can at least tip for a free glass of wine.

two other quick quotes I have found interesting in relation to this idea:

"Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants." Epicurus

"All existing things are really one. We regard those that are beautiful and rare as valuable, and those that are ugly as foul and rotten The foul and rotten may come to be transformed into what is rare and valuable, and the rare and valuable into what is foul and rotten. Therefore it is said that one vital energy pervades the world."
Chuang Tzu

1 comment:

Kraxpelax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.