Tuesday, May 27, 2008

welcome to the nakoma neighborhood... we skin live buffalos?

This weekend we went to explore what has always been a bit of a mystery to me. The paint job of the nakoma neighborhood buffalo statues. They are now a bit beaten up, claiming apparent touch up work to the paint job. The question comes in when looking at the pink area on the left front of the smaller of the two concrete statues. Either someone was unable to match paint correctly or this buffalo has a chunk of it's hide removed... If removal is the case here, I thought I would be able to find some sort of evidence in the form of a inscription or small display of text explaining why this buffalo is wounded and who is responsible.


As far as I can remember this has been in this condition for at least one year if not more, leaving me wondering. As far as I can tell the internet has no idea of these two buffalos and their existence. If you have any tips on who is harming these buffalos... call crime stoppers please.

No comments: